Karibu

Karibu
You are most welcome to my little corner of the internet. Here you will find the people who have supported me in getting back to Uganda, my honest thoughts in preparation to leave again, and the journey of working with war-affected children and families in Gulu, Uganda. Oh, and obviously all things expressed here are my thoughts and do not necessarily reflect Partners Worldwide (nor anyone else I'm associated with, just to keep you all safe.) :)

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Highlights.

A friend and I just talked over dinner about highlights of the summer.

When I met with my spiritual director (and dear friend) today she reminded me that the enemy loves to steal our joy. And so often, we let him.

I think it's a pretty good discipline to see the highlights in the summer as well as each day that bring much joy. Here are mine for today:

*Seeing Alicia for the first time in what seemed to be ages (10 days) and getting caught up on the past week, like her purse catching on fire at the Psalters concert.
*Finding humor instead of frustration in how many times I can actually misplace or lose something in a day (or an hour.)
*Finally signing up to sell my necklaces at an artists market this Saturday.
*The joys of downtown GR in the summertime. (The river, Rosa Parks Circle, and Hopcat to name a few.)
*Reading with Carina at The Other Way. We attached a letter she wrote to a helium baloon and let it go--we watched it until it disappeared. She told me she might get her mom to bring her guinea pigs next week so I can meet them.
*Seeing my brother at The Other Way and remembering how much I really do love him. (Even after all those fights growing up--he turned out alright. :) )
*Having a meeting with some wonderful ladies at Women At Risk, talking about Ugandan necklaces, and hearing that they'll be including me in their prayer circles.
*Chatting with a dear friend who has significantly influenced my life through the years and is moving back to Michigan in September.

Psalm 126:3The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

1 comment:

Doll2 said...

Just so you know, your brother loves you too. He has been inspired and amazed at your love for Jesus, and your love for others. He isn't sure when the role reversal of him looking up to you as a role model took place, but he is thankful that it happened.